Kia ora kotou katoa. Please see below for important announcements.
- We are currently at Alert Level 1.
- At Taupo Health Centre it’s close to pre-COVID business as usual, however, as we are still within the Alert Level System, there are several requirements we still have in place to assure all of our continued safety.
- When you arrive at the practice, our reception team will always ask you if you have any symptoms of cold or flu.
- If you have any cold like symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, fatigue) please call us prior to coming in. We will ask you to park around the back of our building and ring the door bell. A doctor or nurse will come and meet you there.
- Please always call ahead to book appointments whenever possible.
- We have minimised the need for you to come into the surgery, and you can now get any form you need emailed to you, or sent directly to the lab or radiology department. All prescriptions will be directly sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- All usual services are available at Alert Level 1.
- Please use the COVID tracer app on arrival or sign in at the counter.
- Please like our facebook page for updates: www.facebook.com/taupohealth
- If anyone is struggling, feeling overwhelmed, or has mental health concerns, you can book a phone consult with one of our great Health Improvement Practitioners ‘HIPs’, or call or text 1737 anytime, for support from a trained counsellor.
Need a routine appointment? Call and you can be booked in for a phone or face to face appointment.
Need a same day/urgent appointment? If you don’t already have an appointment, and think you need to be seen, please call and we will add your name to our GP call back list for a phone call back that day. For any health emergencies please call 111.
Symptoms of COVID-19? Please call us to discuss, and don’t come in without phoning first.
Child due their immunisations? These are going ahead as usual, and should not be postponed. Please call to book these in.
2021 Influenza Vaccination Update: At this stage, flu vaccines are expected to arrive mid-April. The Ministry of Health is initially concentrating on vaccinating people 65 years and older. We anticipate being able to offer everyone else (people under 65, and those with eligible health conditions) flu vaccination sometime in May.
The COVID Swab Centre is located at 79 Miro Street and currently open on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm.
Thank you everyone for your support and understanding while we continue to keep our community safe.