From 5 January 2022, booster vaccines will be available for anyone aged 18+ who have had their second dose of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine 4 months or more ago. Please come and see us. No appointment needed.
From 17 January 2022, COVID-19 vaccines are available for children and young people aged 5 years and over. Please contact us to make an appointment.
- New Zealand is now operating under the Traffic Light System, with Taupō being in the orange setting.
- If you have an urgent problem or are unwell, please phone us.
- 50% of our appointments are face to face.
- Appointments for phone consults remain in place.
- If you have any cold like symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, fatigue) please stay at home. If you are unwell, please call us. In a health emergency call 111.
- We have minimised the need for you to come into the surgery, and you can now get any form you need emailed to you, or sent directly to the lab or radiology department. All prescriptions will be directly sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Please scan or sign in when you arrive and wear a facemask.
- Please like our facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/taupohealth
- If anyone is struggling, feeling overwhelmed, or has mental health concerns, you can book a phone consult with one of our great Health Improvement Practitioners ‘HIPs’, or call or text 1737 anytime, for support from a trained counsellor.
Need a same day/urgent appointment? If you don’t already have an appointment, and think you need to be seen, please call and we will add your name to our GP call back list for a phone call back that day. For any health emergencies please call 111.
Immunisations? Please call us to make an appointment.
Symptoms of COVID-19? Please call us to discuss, and don’t come in without phoning first.
The COVID Swab Centre is located at 79 Miro Street and open from 08.30am-3.00pm from Monday to Sunday. Please follow this link for the most up-to-date information http://www.healthpoint.co.nz/community-health-services/community-health/taupo-covid-19-community-testing-centre/
Thank you everyone for your support and understanding while we continue to keep our community safe.